Robert Sedovšek has 8 years experience in web development & design and is currently employed at
mainly working on perfecting its core product.
Robert earned his PhD in 2016 at the University of Ljubljana (title of thesis: Evaluation of user experience in mobile advertising).
2015 — now Turtl
Developing core parts of Turtl business.
2012 — April 2015 Celtra inc.
Software Engineer, R&D
Front-end application (single page applications using HTML5 APIs) development and research.
CSS style guidelines, UI pattern library design, monitoring, performance optimisation and many more.
Student mentorship for different projects: computer challenges and front-end visual testing of a large-scale web applications.
2011 — 2012.
The Secondary School of Multimedia and Graphic Technology Ljubljana.
Practical workshop on HTML and CSS.
2007 — 2013. Viged.
Group of computer enthusiast from my home town.
Software development, mostly e-commerce, for different companies and digital (advertising) agencies.
- 2007 — / self employed freelancer, working on web design and development.
- perfecting the product,
- W3C, standards, browsers,
- layout, design and performance,
PhD title of thesis: Evaluation of user experience in mobile advertising.
University of Ljubljana. Earned 11th July 2016. See gallery, Promotions of PhDs.
- Elected assistant professor in the field of information and graphic technologies — 2012;
- Granted transfer from masters to PhD — 2010;
- Awarded with Zois scholarship for gifted and talented;
Bachelor's degree was my collaboration on European 6th Framework Project, STREP project – eMapps — 2008;
Title of thesis: Software development for game based mobile learning supported by eMapps
At the Faculty of Natural Science, University of Ljubljana, this was the first thesis that was a part of EU funded project.
- Honoured for (all) eight straight years for excellence in the primary school; 1991 — 1998.
Work projects & experiences:
- Slovenian FHM Men's Magazine: front-end web development, team management — 2012,
- Relax Turizem d.o.o. - Design and development of a web user interface, newsletter platform and content design, etc., 2009 — 2011
- sestavi.si: one of Slovene’s biggest online computer stores – full stack support, from front-end to backend, database design, cron-tasks for XML import/export of data, automatisation of orders etc. 2007 — 2011
- imej.si : Recommendation system wizard for chosing your domain. Developed an application, which process your text input or your Facebook profile data, interprets it and returns a personalised list of suitable domain, along with their availability, all in real time. For Academic Research Network of Slovenia (Arnes), in collaboration with Luna\TWBA. — 2011
- Tina Maze (word’s famous skiier) - web development (blog, web shop, PayPal payment implementation, etc.) — 2009,
Committee member for the project "Evaluation of municipality websites in Carinthia”, invited technical expert — 2009
Committee member for the project "Evaluation of elementary school websites in Carinthia”, invited technical expert — 2011 (Republic of Slovenia - Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food),
- Numberous e-commerce websites, Facebook applications and flash banners for different companies, as BMW, Nissan, Nivea, Krka, NLB, Delo, Pedigree and lots of other, for digital creative agency Luna\TWBA.
- Game Based Mobile Learning, QFK (Quest for Knowledge), in collaboration with LTFE (European 6th Framework Project, STREP project – eMapps), application development — 2008
- Co-founded on of the first Slovenian (concert) reportage photography portal, Foto Kompleks — 2007,
Pet projects & the rest of fun
- Slovenia CSS User Group.
- UI Tracker, a tool for comparison of different user interfaces.
- Making sure at least 10 people play basketball twice per week.
- Robert Sedovšek
- Ljubljana, Slovenia
My Open Source Contributions:
- Amazing things on Web, Slovenia Ruby User Group, Ljubljana, Slovenia — 2016
- Front-end h8#ff0000!!1;, WebCamp Zagreb 2014, Zagreb, Croatia — 2014
- "The Power of Mobile Sensors in Rich Media Mobile Advertising”, COST FP 1104 meeting in Ljubljana — 2013
- "A Modern Webmaker”, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Ljubljana — 2012
- "Future Layouts”, Spletne Urice Maribor — 2012
- "Future Layouts”, Spletne Urice Ljubljana — 2012
- "CSS3 in your @font-face", Arena Znanja — 2011
- “iCanToo" - (workshop on HTML and CSS) - Arena Znanja — 2011
Featured, cited or mentioned in:
- Acknowledgements | React,
- Beginning HTML5 and CSS3, a book by Richard Clark, Oli Studholme, Christopher Murphy and Divya Manian.
- Blog design was featured on CSS-Tricks by Chris Coyer
- "With a little help from pseudo-selectors" was translated into russian language and published as Полезные псевдо-селекторы on Frontender Magazine (@frontenderinfo).
- Adobe Web Platform: HTML Alchemy – Combining CSS Shapes with CSS Regions
- Adobe Web Platform: Web Platform Roundup
- Appliness | Digital magazine for web application developers Combining CSS Shapes with CSS Regions by Zoltan Horvath, October 6th, 2013.
- Newsletters & weekly's: CSS Weekly #74, CSS Weekly #99, Web Development Reading List #29 , Flippin Awesome
People about me
CTO at TVbeat
I hired and managed Robert while I was the VPE at Celtra.
I also very much enjoyed working with Robert as a human being. His humour (and dialect) kept us laughing even during the most stressful crunch times. He is eager to offer a helping hand and always wants to learn more from his teammates.